– Regular consumption of Walnuts can help to reduce the risk of pancreatic and breast cancer as well as reduce the proliferation of cancer cells.
– People with colon cancer who regularly eat almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts and cashews are at significantly lower risk of cancer recurrence and mortality.
– Research has shown that its high ALA (Alpha Linolenic Acid, which is an Omega 3 Fatty acid) and melatonin content maybe responsible for its chemo-preventive properties.
– Almonds are known to curtail breast cancer.
– People with colon cancer who regularly eat almonds are at significantly lower risk of cancer recurrence and mortality.
– Brazil nuts also fight cancer cells in the body.
– Brazil nuts can help in preventing the development of cancer.
– Selenium and Ellagic acid content in brazilnut enhance the effect of antioxidants which in turn can inhibit cell growth and thus prevent the formation of malignant tumours.
– Raisins contain phytochemical compound resveratrol. Resveratrol, a polyphenol antioxidant, has anti-cancer activities. Studies suggest that resveratrol has been found to have protective action against cancers like melanoma, colon, and prostate.
– Cashew nuts contain relatively high levels of copper, which could contribute to angiogenesis and metastasis of breast cancer, especialy in women with inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) or triple negative (ER-/PR-/HER2-) disease.
– Cashew nuts contain proanthocyanidins, a class of flavanols that actually starve tumors and prevent cancer cells from dividing. In some studies, it’s been shown that eating 12 cashews a day can reduce your colon cancer risk.